Holcim New Zealand continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation across the country as restrictions have eased and case numbers drop. Our dedicated internal team continue to meet regularly to discuss and review wide-ranging safety measures across our business, with additional guidance provided by the New Zealand governments, travel providers, the LafargeHolcim Group and other expert bodies.
At all times, the health, safety and well-being of our people, customers, supply partners and community members has been our top priority, and will continue to be as we navigate through the various stages of this crisis together.
Holcim New Zealand developed and implemented a number of safe work procedures to limit contact through social distancing for our production staff and drivers in line with The New Zealand COVID-19 Construction Protocols. To learn more about our safety procedures during COVID-19 keep reading below.
Our teams have been in direct communication with customers and supply partners requesting guidance on any controls they have or will be implementing at their sites to ensure Holcim New Zealand can meet all requirements and maintain the same high quality service for our customers.
Please continue to call 0800 Holcim (0800 465 246) for all supply enquiries.
What action is Holcim taking?
As we work to provide our customers with the high level of service they expect from Holcim, we have put in place Business Continuity Plans as well as a range of other measures to ensure that we do everything possible to limit the spread of COVID-19 and comply with the requirements for operating during each Alert Level.
In addition to mirroring Government policy relating to business closures, self-isolation and travel restrictions, we have implemented the following in order to maintain the safety of our people and customers:
- All essential operational and delivery employees are implementing social distancing protocols to limit contact on both customer sites and our own, including contactless delivery where required or requested by customers.
- We have increased availability of hygiene products at all sites and continue to educate our teams on Government hygiene advice.
- We are limiting access to our sites to only production critical personnel.
- Employees are being asked to self-report any symptoms and self-isolate where required in line with Government advice.
- Where possible, employees are working from home. Now in Alert Level 1, Holcim is transitioning employees back into offices.
- Additional hygiene and sanitisation measures at all offices and operational sites.
- Continuous reinforcement of health and safety expectations, measures and controls.
We recognise that these are challenging times and we continue to monitor and respond to this evolving situation. As circumstances change, we will continue to provide updates on how we are managing this situation, ensuring business continuity where permitted, and the wellbeing of both our employees and customers.
If you have any reason to suspect the virus may be on your site please let us know immediately.
Need more information about COVID-19?
You can visit the