Holcim New Zealand has built on the success of educational scholarships it has offered in the Buller area for around 30 years. Since 2009 we have extended scholarship opportunities to several other communities in which we operate. Scholarships for 2017 were offered at:
- Buller district
- Timaru district
- Franklin district
- Wellington District
In each of these communities a Holcim scholarship was made available, which offered $2,000 per annum (maximum of 3 years) towards tertiary study costs plus, where available, paid work at a Holcim site during the holidays. Holiday work may vary depending on the site and availability.
- Applicants with a connection to these communities were preferred (eg. born, attended school, parents/ family living in the area).
- Preference is often given to applicants whose tertiary studies are relevant to Holcim (eg. science, mining, engineering, logistics).
- Applications for 2018 scholarships open on 1 August 2017.
- Applications close on 2 October 2017.
Scholarship Application Form
- All applications must be completed on a Scholarship application form. An updated form will be available on 1 July 2017.
Scholars may be named on our website, in publications, and/or in related publicity.